Nothing to do with plea in Delhi HC, says Brij Bhushan | India News – Times of India



LUCKNOW: Soon after a petition was filed in Delhi high court on Monday seeking FIR against a group of wrestlers for ‘blackmailing’ Wrestling Federation of India president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, the Kaiserganj MP said that he had nothing to do with the plea. “I have not authorised any lawyer, legal company or my close aides and representatives to move the court on my behalf,” he tweeted in Hindi.
Earlier on Monday, a man who is reportedly Singh’s cook, had filed a petition before the Delhi high court with a plea to register an FIR against the protesting wrestlers claiming they were trying to blackmail and extort money from the six-time MP.
As soon as Singh found out the developments taking place in Delhi, he immediately took to his social media to clarify that no petition had been filed on his behalf. He also appealed to the media to refrain from attributing anything to him without verifying the details.
For the second day in a row, Singh stayed put at his residence in Nawabganj, Gonda throughout Monday as well. Singh and his sons also maintained distance from the Nandini Nagar educational institute for two days and were not seen anywhere close to the wrestling venue. A close aide of the MP said that on Tuesday Brij Bhushan Singh was scheduled to step out to attend some private events within the constituency.
The WFI chief has been accused by top grapplers of the country of sexual harassment and financial irregularities. Though the sports ministry late on Friday night asked Singh to step aside for four weeks till the time inquiry got over, unfazed by the developments, Singh next morning went ahead with a three-day long national open ranking tournament at Nandini Nagar institute in Gonda.
The ministry then cancelled the tournament on Saturday evening and also reprimanded the federation. It also directed the WFI to suspend its activities for the next four weeks. The day-to-day operations of the federations were also put on hold till an oversight committee appointed by the ministry got appointed.
Meanwhile, additional security forces were deployed at the Nawabganj and Gonda railway stations from Sunday night as a precautionary measure as hundreds of wrestlers who had gathered in Gonda to participate in the three-day tournament started returning home after the cancellation of events.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *